- Where can I eat around Central Park?
There are many options for food and drink around Central Park. There are alsoa few places to eat within the park.
There are dozens of eateries within a block or two of Central Park, from small delis and burger joints to high-end five-star restaurants. Here are 10 restaurants that are worth the walk from Central Park
- Can I go skiing in Central Park?
- You can go skiing in any of the large meadows in Central Park. Most areas are closed during the winter months, but will open if the park receives more than 6 inches of snow. There is no place to rent skis, but you are able to use your own equipment. More information can be found on our Cross Country Skiing page.
- Where can I go ice skating in Central Park? Can I rent skates?
You can go skating at the Wollman Rink located on the east side, very close to the Central Park Zoo. It offers ice hockey, a skating school, party facilities, skate rentals, and lockers. For more information, call (212) 439-6900.
Enter the Park at 59th and 6th Avenue or 59th and 5th Avenue.
Lasker Rink is located in the north part of the park. Located just south of park entrance at 110th Street & Lenox Avenue. It offers ice hockey, a skating school, party facilities, skate rentals, and lockers. For more information call (917) 492-3856.
Both Rinks usually open from late October until late March (depending upon the weather)
Read more about Ice Skating in Central Park
- How can I rent a boat or go on a gondola ride?
Row boat rentals and private gondola rides are available from Loeb Boathouse, located on the East Side between 74th and 75th Streets. For complete details on schedule and fees check out:
Weather permitting - from April through November, a fleet of 100 rowboats are available for rent from 10am - 6:00pm.
Boats are $15 per hour (cash only), $3.00 for each additional 15 minutes with a $20 cash deposit. Each boat holds up to 4 people. The Loeb Boathouse will provide life jackets. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
Weather permitting, classic Venetian gondola tours are available on the lake with host Andres Garcia. The Gondola holds up to 6 people and can be reserved at $30 per half hour. You can make reservations at this number(212) 517-2233. More information can be found on our Boating page.
- Where is the Shakespeare Garden?
- The Garden is located near the Delacorte Theatre, the site of the annual "Shakespeare in the Park" series held in the summer. More information can be found on our Shakespeare Garden page.
- Where is Strawberry Fields?
- Located near Central Park West between 71st and 74th Streets, Strawberry Fields is a 2.5 acre area of Central Park that pays tribute to the late Beatle, John Lennon, singer, songwriter, musician and peace activist. More information can be found on the Strawberry Fields page.
- What are the ideal places for running in the Park?
There are a variety of loops and locations that are ideal for running in the park. For the best schedule and a running map, kindly refer our
For information on all New York Road Runner sanctioned events, please contact them directly at NYRR.ORG. Effective Saturday, November 21, 2015 New York Road Runners has closed its 9 East 89th Street location.
Their NYRR Running Annex, is located at: 322 Columbus Avenue, New York, NY 10023 (between West 75th and West 76th streets)
- Is there a zoo in the park and where I can feed animals?
- Yes, the zoo is located on the East Side of the park, between 63rd and 66th Streets. For complete schedule of feeding times and details on admission fees, kindly visit our Zoo page