- SummerStage Concerts
The Summerstage events are held at Rumsey Playfield at various dates. Concerts are announced in May and may continue to be updated and added to the list through September. More information can be found on our Summerstage Festival page.
- Fireworks in Central Park
Fireworks are usually scheduled on New Year's Eve and after the New York Philharmonic Concerts.
Fireworks can be viewed from most locations in and around Central Park.
- Good Morning America Concerts
Doors open at 6AM. Concerts air live on the "Good Morning America" show between 7 - 9AM.
All concerts are free and open to the public. Some concerts are a ticketed event. Sleeping in the park is not permitted, the line usually forms around 3-4am in the morning starting at 72nd and Fifth. Backpacks and bags are not permitted in the venue. The events are held at Rumsey Playfield. More information can be found on the GMA Concerts page.
- The Central Park Film Festival
The Central Park Film Festival is held around the third week in August. Movies to be shown, are usually announced in May. Gates open at 6:30pm. All screenings begin at 8:00pm. Located on the landscape area between Sheep Meadow and the 72nd Street Cross Drive (Terrace Drive. Films are shown rain or shine. A DJ performs from 6:30 PM to 8:00 pm. The film festival is free and tickets are not required.
All films are open-captioned. Bring a picnic and a blanket.
To ensure that everyone can enjoy the films, the following are not permitted: Alcoholic beverages, glass bottles, chairs, video cameras, and tape recorders.
More information can be found on our Central Park Film Festival page.
- Egg Hunt
- In past years the Easter Egg Hunt has taken place in Central Park at the Great Hill (106th street on the west side).The Easter Egg Hunt usually takes place on the Saturday before Easter, from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM and is a free event. Please note: this event has not been held since 2012. Please contact the NYC Parks Department for more information.
- New York City Marathon Sign Up
- You can sign up for the marathon by going to the following link.
- Yoga Classes
- From April to October. You can book a vinyasa yoga class on our Yoga page.
- Delacorte Theater
- The Delacorte Theater can be found just off of 80th street on the southwest corner of the Great Lawn. Tickets to shows at the Theater are free, so long as one is prepared to wait in line on the day of the performance to obtain them. Shows are announced usually in early winter, but the schedule is posted early spring More information can be found on the Delacorte Theatre page.
- Horse and Carriage Reservations
- You can reserve a horse drawn carriage tour from our Horse & Carriage Tour page.
- Walking Tours
- There are two ways to reserve a walking tour. You can either reserve a private tour for yourself and your group, or you can join a group tour.
- Pedicab Tours
- A pedicab tour with a Central Park expert is a great way to see the sights without doing a lot of work. Visit many well-known attractions and famous landmarks. Book one from our Pedicab Tours page.
- NYC Tours
Looking for fun and affordable guided tours in New York?
Visit unique attractions, world-famous museums, theaters, skyscrapers, bus tours, helicopter tours and more!
More information on our NYC Sightseeing Tour page.
- Halloween Events
- Central Park Conservancy has a Halloween Parade and Pumpkin Flotilla, the weekend prior to the Halloween where kids are encouraged to come in costume. This is a free event, where one can enjoy live music, spooky stories, pumpkin carving demonstrations, and, a pumpkin flotilla, which sets sail across the Harlem Meer at twilight!
- Midnight Run and Fireworks
- This is an annual event, that starts with a pre-New Year party at the Bandshell (that is free), and then at 11:59 PM, the midnight run begins. This is a sanctioned event through the New York Road Runners, where in order to participate in the run, you must signup in advance. To register for any of their races and for more information please go to their website, www.nyrr.org. At midnight fireworks are launched from Cherry Hill for all to see throughout the park.