Check back frequently as the 2017 schedule continues to be updated.
SummerStage is an outdoor festival of the arts held each year at Rumsey Playfield in Central Park. Performances are mostly free, with the exception of a few big name benefit concerts that help fund the SummerStage programming.
2017 SUMMERSTAGE PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE
5/17 | 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM Gov't Mule / Chris Robinson Brotherhood
6/15 | 6:30 PM - 10:00 PM Elvis Costello & The Imposters
7/7 | 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM Umphrey's McGee
7/19 | 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM PJ Harvey
7/27 | 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM Regina Spektor
7/31 | 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM All Time Low / SWMRS / Waterparks / The Wrecks
9/13 | 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM Young the Giant w/Special Guests Cold War Kids & Joywave
More dates and concerts to follow. Check back frequently.
Helpful SummerStage Tips to Know Before You Go:
- SummerStage takes place at Rumsey Playfield. Enter the park on 69th Street and 5th Avenue Click here for directions
- Doors open 1 hr before the shows start
- Depending on the show, bleacher seating may be available
- Tickets not required for FREE events but space is limited
- There are food and beverage stands inside with various types of food, ice cream, beer, wine, soda & water - CASH ONLY
-There is space to listen on the grass outside of SummerStage
- The telephone number for wheelchairs and accessibility is (212) 360-2789
WHAT TO KNOW WHEN ATTENDING SUMMERSTAGE
- Shows are RAIN or SHINE and are only cancelled in the event of dangerous conditions.
- Schedule of events & performers are subject to change.
- Admission is first come first served for free events. Admission to the venue closes for the remainder of the event once capacity is reached.
- The following cannot be brought into the Central Park venue: glass bottles, cans, coolers, folding chairs, bikes, rollerblades, scooters, skateboards, beach umbrellas, video cameras, selfie sticks, musical instruments, professional camera gear or pets (service animals are allowed). All bags are subject to search. The distribution or sale of unauthorized promotional materials is not permitted.
- Strollers are prohibited in the venue unless you are attending Global Family Day.
- SummerStage isn't responsible for prohibited items left outside the venue.
- Bags are subject to search.
- Alcoholic beverages are forbidden in NYC Parks & the distribution/sale of unauthorized materials is banned. Beer and wine are on sale at the Central Park venue for onsite consumption only.
- Factory sealed plastic water bottles and refillable bottles are allowed into the Central Park venue.
- Smoking is prohibited in all NYC parks.
- At dance shows in Central Park, first-come, first-served limited seating will be offered.
- SummerStage is accessible to the mobility-impaired. For additional information please call (212) 360-2789 and ask to speak with our Volunteer Coordinator.
- To obtain the Parks Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD), please call (800) 281-5722.
SUMMERSTAGE BOX OFFICE
Tickets to Benefit Concerts are available for purchase on-site across from the VIP check in table on East Drive. Cash and credit cards are accepted. The box office is only open on show days.