Check back frequently as the 2016 schedule continues to be updated.
SummerStage is an outdoor festival of the arts held each year at Rumsey Playfield in Central Park. Performances are mostly free, with the exception of a few big name benefit concerts that help fund the SummerStage programming.
2016 SUMMERSTAGE PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE
5/16 | 5:00 PM Cage the Elephant / Portugal. The Man / Broncho
5/17 | 5:00 PM Cage the Elephant / Portugal. The Man / Broncho
5/18 | 5:00 PM Rudimental / Gorgon City
6/4 | 5:00 PM- 10:00 PM McCoy Tyner Quartet / Ron Carter / Roy Haynes / Special Guests
6/11 | 2:00 PM - 7:00 PM Cymande / KING / Deva Mahal / DJ Parler
6/13 | 5:00 PM- 10:00 PM Barenaked Ladies / Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark / Howard Jones
6/15 | 6:00 PM- 10:00 PM Yiddish Soul: A Concert of Cantorial and Chassidic Superstars
6/18 | 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM Kamasi Washington
6/20 | 6:30 PM - 10:00 PM City Parks Foundation Gala Concert & Dinner
6/21 | 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM Fete de la Musique: CharlElie Couture / Yael Naim / General Elektriks / La Femme
6/22 | 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM The Metropolitan Opera Summer Recital Series
6/25 | 2:00 PM - 7:00 PM Butler, Bernstein & the Hot 9 / The Hot Sardines / Bria Skonberg and the New York Hot J
6/26 | 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM Comedy Central Presents: The Daily Show with Trevor Noah Stand-Up in the Park
6/27 | 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM Indigo Girls/Lucy Wainwright Roche
6/29 | 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Pre-Show Panel: My Ballerina's Tale, Where It Landed Me, and What I Learned
6/29 | 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM A Ballerina's Tale / Jeremy McQueen’s The Black Iris Project
7/2 | 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM Freedom Party NYC 13 Year Anniversary
7/3 | 2:00 PM - 7:00 PM King Sunny Ade/Orlando Julius and The Afro Soundz/Rich Medina
7/6 | 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM Mexrrissey / Los Cafres / La Dame Blanche
7/8 | 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM León Larregui / Rodrigo Amarante / Grenda
7/10 | 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM Justin Roberts & The Not Ready for Naptime Players / Mister G / Finding Neverland / Pur
7/13 | 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM The Big Quiet - A Mass Meditation in Central Park
7/16 | 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM Taiwanese Waves: Anpu / Wonfu / Sunset Rollercoaster
7/17 | 2:00 PM - 7:00 PM Paulo Flores / Herencia de Timbiquí / Monsieur Periné / DJ Greg Caz / DJ Manny
7/18 | 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM The Feelies / Beach Fossils
7/20 | 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM Ryan Adams
7/23 | 10:30 AM - 9:00PM OZY Fusion Fest
7/24 | 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM Flight of the Conchords sing Flight of the Conchords SOLD OUT
7/25 | 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM Mass Appeal: Live at the BBQ
7/27 | 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM Complexions Contemporary Ballet / Carolyn Dorfman
7/30 | 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM Unknown Mortal Orchestra / Empress Of
7/31 | 2:00 PM - 7:00 PM Rock Steady Crew 39th Anniversary with Nice & Smooth / Bahamadia and more
8/1 | 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM Garbage
8/3 | 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM Phillip Phillips/Matt Nathanson/A Great Big World
8/6 | 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM Monobloco / Cabruêra / Boogarins / DJ Luiz Santos
8/7 | 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM Igmar Thomas & the Revive Big Band present: A Journey Through the Legacy of Black Culture, produced by Revive Music
8/8 | 6:00 PM -10:00 PM Jerry Garcia Symphonic Celebration featuring Warren Haynes
8/10 | 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM Tamar-kali with ASE Dance Theatre Collective / Nathan Trice Rituals
8/13 | 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM Go-Go's Farewell Tour
8/14 | 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM Mbongwana Star / Batida / Young Paris / Okayafrica Electrafrique feat. DJ Underdog
8/17 | 7:00 PM- 10:00 PM DJ KS 360 & Full Circle Souljahs Presents: Behind The Groove with The Ladies of SKYY
8/21 | 2:00 PM - 7:00 PM MHD
9/14 | 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM The Beach Boys
9/22 | 6:30 PM - 10:00 PM Band of Horses
9/23 | 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM Lucius/JD Mcpherson/Big Thief
More dates and concerts to follow. Check back frequently.
Helpful SummerStage Tips to Know Before You Go:
- SummerStage takes place at Rumsey Playfield. Enter the park on 69th Street and 5th Avenue Click here for directions
- Doors open 1 hr before the shows start
- Depending on the show, bleacher seating may be available
- Tickets not required for FREE events but space is limited
- There are food and beverage stands inside with various types of food, ice cream, beer, wine, soda & water - CASH ONLY
-There is space to listen on the grass outside of SummerStage
- The telephone number for wheelchairs and accessibility is (212) 360-2789
WHAT TO KNOW WHEN ATTENDING SUMMERSTAGE
- Shows are RAIN or SHINE and are only cancelled in the event of dangerous conditions.
- Schedule of events & performers are subject to change.
- Admission is first come first served for free events. Admission to the venue closes for the remainder of the event once capacity is reached.
- The following cannot be brought into the Central Park venue: glass bottles, cans, coolers, folding chairs, bikes, rollerblades, scooters, skateboards, beach umbrellas, video cameras, selfie sticks, musical instruments, professional camera gear or pets (service animals are allowed). All bags are subject to search. The distribution or sale of unauthorized promotional materials is not permitted.
- Strollers are prohibited in the venue unless you are attending Global Family Day.
- SummerStage isn't responsible for prohibited items left outside the venue.
- Bags are subject to search.
- Alcoholic beverages are forbidden in NYC Parks & the distribution/sale of unauthorized materials is banned. Beer and wine are on sale at the Central Park venue for onsite consumption only.
- Factory sealed plastic water bottles and refillable bottles are allowed into the Central Park venue.
- Smoking is prohibited in all NYC parks.
- At dance shows in Central Park, first-come, first-served limited seating will be offered.
- SummerStage is accessible to the mobility-impaired. For additional information please call (212) 360-2789 and ask to speak with our Volunteer Coordinator.
- To obtain the Parks Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD), please call (800) 281-5722.
SUMMERSTAGE BOX OFFICE
Tickets to Benefit Concerts are available for purchase on-site across from the VIP check in table on East Drive. Cash and credit cards are accepted. The box office is only open on show days.