Horse-Drawn Carriages are a wonderful way to experience the beauty of the Park. They can be found all year round lined up along Central Park South between 5th and 6th Avenues.
Sit back and relax in a stylish coach while you take in some of Central Park's most popular attractions on a horse and carriage ride with that special someone, friends and family.
Experience our most popular tour of Central Park!
Reserve a private ride in advance to ensure availability. Customize rides for weddings, proposals, birthdays, anniversaries and more.
There are a couple different kinds of rides to choose from:
Pre-Arranged Carriage Rides: To ensure that a carriage is available, visitors can arrange for their carriage ride in advance by making a reservation. Pre-booked rides are private and priced according to length, and they start at 30 minutes. This service, although providing a similar experience to the standard walk-up ride, includes additional sites and a booking fee. A pre-arranged 30 minute ride is quoted at $110 per carriage and is available during off-season dates only. A 45 minute ride is quoted at $155 per carriage during off-season dates and $255 during high-season dates. Prices for pre-arranged carriage rides are based on the standard walkup rate (see below) plus an advanced reservation booking fee. Add-ons such as ride length, photography, flowers, chocolates, special pick-up and drop-off locations, etc may increase this rate.
Standard (Walk-Up) Carriage Rides: It is not possible to guarantee availability or pre-arrange add-ons with walk-up rides. Customers can choose between a walk-up or pre-arranged carriage ride depending on their individual needs. Walk-up rides without a reservation are $140.60 for *up to* 60 minutes, $118.97 for *up to* 45 minutes, and $54.08 for *up to* 20 mins, all plus tip. For each additional 10 minutes or fraction thereof, add $21.63. Prices may vary, so make sure you check with the driver before the ride begins. Sites seen on the tour may include: The Wollman Rink, the Pond, the Central Park Zoo, Sheep Meadow, the Mall (statues), the Dairy (tourist information center), the Carousel and the Dakota (where the former Beatle John Lennon lived). Approximate distance of the ride is .75 miles.
NOTE: There are no reservations for standard walk up rides. To take a standard carriage ride, you can locate a carriage on Central Park South between 5th and 6th avenues.
Carriage Ride Regulations:
All rides are subject to New York City rules and regulations and ordinances:
1. Summer restrictions - No carriage may operate above 89 degrees. It is suggested that you watch the weather reports during the summer months. Often the authorities will send the carriages home at 87 degrees.
2. Winter restrictions - No carriage may operate below 19 degrees or during Blizzards. ASPCA has, on occasion, sent horses home on short notice when it snows.
3. Police blockades or visits from important political figures visiting New York City may cause streets to be closed down. If the carriage is unable to gain access to your pick-up point, the carriage company cannot take responsibility.
4. Carriage Capacity - Four (4) adults per carriage, or: 3 adults & 2 kids under the age of 12, or: 1 adult & 4 kids under the age of 12.
5. Monday-Friday rides start at 10AM, Saturday and Sunday rides start at 9AM
6. No rides below 34th Street. This is NYC Law.