Pets are most welcome in Central Park, as long as they and their owners follow Park rules and regulations.
- Dogs must be leashed from 9AM - 9PM each day and at all times when in the woodland areas of the Park.
- Dog drinking fountains are available and are located at various spots throughout the Park.
- Dogs cannot dig or play in the flowerbeds, nor drink or play in fountains or any other bodies of water.
- Pet owners must clean up after their pets at all times and in all areas of the Park.
- There are 23 noted dog-friendly areas.
- Dogs must be on-leash at all times in the following locations:
- Arthur Ross Pinetum
- Bridle Path
- Cedar Hill
- Conservatory Garden
- Kerbs Boathouse Plaza
- Shakespeare Garden
- Strawberry Fields
- Turtle Pond Lawn
- Dogs are not allowed in the following locations:
- East Green
- Elm Islands at the Mall
- Great Hill Glade
- Lilac Walk
- Ornamental Fountains
- Reservoir Running TrackPlaygrounds
- Sand Volleyball Court
- Sheep Meadow
- Water Bodies
- Central Park Paws is an organization that holds events specially for dog owners and their pets. Consider joining Paws and participating in year-round events at Central Park.
— Jesse M. Wheeler